ALL NEW PC-8 50A Fuse Panel Kit for VStrom
This Kit is for all older VStroms except DL1000s from 2014 on and DL650s from 2017 on - go here for these new models. This special VStrom
edition of the PC-8 Kit includes everything you will need to install the PC-8 and its wiring kit under the seat.
This superb fuse panel is full of all the features every rider has ever wanted and more! Easy to install, well protected, and
with 8 mini fuses, one on each output circuit. Includes 8 output grounds too. Kit is made from highest quality high temp wire and sheathing.
Just strip your circuit wires and insert into the PC-8 outputs and tighten the screws. Both power and ground terminal blocks are built in.
Read all about the PC-8 and it’s features here.
The Powerlink option allows quick disconnection of the PC-8 Kit for jump starting your bike or another bike from yours, or
using a splitter you can hookup the PC-8 and another high current device like a high powered horn. Read all about the Powerlink System and
it’s features here.
This Kit is now 50A capable using dual main fuseholders.
Details: The VStrom PC-8 Kit length is 18 inches from battery POS to PC-8. and the switching lead
has connectors that plug inline into the bike’s rear brake light switch connector. See the installation page for photos of a PC-8 Kit
PC-8 with Relay Kit for VStrom $107.95
PC-8/AP-2 Relay Kit Only (No PC-8) for VStrom $55.95
The PC-8 is also available separately on my PC-8 Page.
Powerlink Option puts a HD connector on
the battery leads so you can jumpstart a bike or install a high output Horn Kit,
Powerlink Battery Leads are extra, buy on Powerlink Page
PC-8 Specifications and Features:
- 4 threaded insert nuts provide case mounting and fuse panel installation mounting points
- comes with an assortment of ATM fuses, one for each output circuit and a few extras
- 8 hot + outputs (2 unswitched circuits, 6 switched circuits)
- Switched circuits are turned off when the bike is shut down. An unswitched circuit is always hot - can be used for charging the
- 8 ground outputs - much better to ground your auxiliary circuits here than on a bike’s frame
- maximum fuse panel capacity 60 Amps (40A/20A - switched/unswitched)
- maximum circuit capacity 20 Amps (15A continuous)
- maximum output wire size 12 AWG (3 sqmm)
- all hardware is stainless steel (except input posts which are tin plated steel)
- black satin polycarbonate cover makes unit splash-proof yet allows it to breathe and stay cool
- cover mounting tabs on each end can be broken off or left on, depending on mounting choice
- simple robust design means no overheating and no problems with vibration
- I designed this fuse panel with ease of mounting a priority. Therefore there are many mounting options: Dual Lock on back of
case, fine threaded screws from back of panel, self tapping screws from inside through PCB inserts to panel, or nuts and screws on the case
mounting ears at each end of the case. See further down this page for optional mounting accessory choices. I used 2 machine screws, one each on
opposite corners of the mounting tabs for my VStrom installation, straight into the underseat plastic.